Hatch Chile Cheese Cornbread Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Side Dish
- Cuisine: New Mexican, Mexican
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, plus more for tops
- ½ cup Hatch green chiles (I used medium)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients (whole wheat flour thru salt).
- Make a well in the center and add the wet ingredients (milk thru butter).
- Gently stir everything together until just mixed.
- Fold in 1 cup of cheddar cheese and the Hatch chiles.
- Evenly distribute batter into lined muffin tin. Top each muffin with a pinch of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.